There's a bittersweet taste in being the last one standing. In Munich, I mean.
Most of the best friends I had over this last year are gone by now. I truly miss them all already and I hope we can meet someplace, someday, soon.
I've watched them all go. And on top of that, I was kind of the last one to be with most of them here, either left at the bus station, packing up the car trunk, staying over in my couch...
This doesn't make me that sad. It's great to know that I have (really good) friends all around the world.
All this to say that... I've been the final destination for all sorts of things. Food too. Things that I already had tons of, like pasta, things that I needed, like baking soda, and things that I had never tried, like rice milk - and I liked it a lot!
Fact is, I've been given way too much stuff, and I needed to get rid of some of it soon....
Like this hazelnut-flavoured cappuccino powder that was reaching its best-before date.
So I took a look at my pantry and found some white chocolate, a half-empty bag of hazelnuts, a lot of shredded coconut, some granola... and I was happy to find out that I still had two eggs, a tiny (but thankfully enough) amount of flour and a lot of cocoa. I quickly mixed everything in my mind and this is what I came up with.
Muffins de Chocolate e Cappuccino de Avelã com Crumble de Avelã, Coco, Chocolate Branco e Granola
- 2/3 de chávena de farinha normal
- 1/3 de chávena de farinha de espelta
- 1/2 chávena de açúcar branco
- 1/3 de chávena de açúcar amarelo
- 1/2 chávena de cacau magro em pó
- 30g de preparado para cappuccino com aroma de avelã
- 1 colher de chá de fermento
- 1 colher de chá de bicarbonato de sódio
- 2/3 de chávena de buttermilk
- 2 colheres de sopa de óleo de sésamo
- 1/3 de chávena de óleo de milho
- 1 ovo
Para o crumble:
- 60g de chocolate branco
- uma mão cheia de avelãs, picadas
- 1/3 de chávena de côco ralado
- 2/3 de chávena de granola
- uma pitada de sal
1) Misturar todos os ingredientes secos numa taça, bater todos os ingredientes líquidos numa segunda taça, misturar todos os ingredientes do crumble numa terceira,
2) Incorporar os ingredientes líquidos nos sólidos,
3) Forrar cerca de 12 formas metálicas para muffins com formas de papel,
4) Deitar duas colheradas de sopa de massa em cada, cobrir com uma colherada de crumble e pressionar ligeiramente,
5) Levar ao forno pré-aquecido a 170ºC cerca de 40 minutos ou até que um palito espetado no centro saia limpo.
- 2/3 cup regular flour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 30g hazelnut cappuccino powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 60g white chocolate
- a handful of hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup granola
- pinch of salt
1) In three separate bowls mix: all dry ingredients, all liquid ingredients, all crumble ingredients,
2) Mix liquid ingredients into solid mixture,
3) Line 12 muffin moulds with paper muffin cups,
4) Pour two spoonfuls of batter inside each cup, cover with a crumble one and press lightly,
5) Bake at 170ºC for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.