We shouldn't have forced this batter into the waffle machine.
I just decided, while cracking eggs open, that I wanted to skip my usual batter, and mess things up a bit!
I knew since the beggining that this would probably metamorphise better into lovely pancakes, but we wanted to have that uneven shape, so what could we do...
My "little" brother is the machine operator here. The "older" brother measured the flour and sugar at the beginning. I did what was missing in between :) Recipe follows. I advise you to use it for pancakes, and maybe even add some blueberries!
Waffles de Nata e Buttermilk
- 250g de farinha normal
- 50g de farinha maizena
- 1 colher de chá de fermento
- 2 colheres de sopa de açúcar
- 2 ovos
- 200 ml de natas frescas
- 1,5 dl de buttermilk
- 1,5 dl de leite
- 1 colher de chá de aroma de baunilha
- sal q.b.
1) Numa taça grande, misturar bem todos os ingredientes sólidos,
2) Bater as claras em castelo com uma pitada de sal,
3) Bater as gemas separadamente,
4) Acrescentar as gemas, as natas e a baunilha aos ingredientes sólidos e bater,
5) Acrescentar o leite, metade de cada vez, e bater bem,
6) Incorporar as claras,
7) Aquecer a máquina, untar as pás com óleo e fazer as waffles.
Heavy Cream and Buttermilk Waffles
- 250g white flour
- 50g cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1,5 dl buttermilk
- 1,5 dl milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
1) In a big bowl, mix well all dry ingredients,
2) Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt, untill soft peaks form,
3) Beat egg yolks,
4) Add the yolks, cream and vanilla to the solid ingredients and beat,
5) Add milk, half at a time, beat,
6) Fold in egg whites,
7) Heat the machine, grease the plates and make the waffles.